Description: Supervisor of Special Education, Grades 6-12.
Job Summary: Work with Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Special Services and building principals to provide leadership and support for instructional improvement through the following functions:
- Assist with oversight of identification, program development and program placement services for students in grades 6-12 who are mandated as special education;
- Administer compliance with State and Federal regulations;
- Carry out responsibilities of IDEA;
- Review and improve related services (guidance, psychologist, OT, PT, Nurses) delivery at the middle school and high school level.
- Current CT Intermediate Administrator Certification (092).
- Current CT Special Education Certification (065, 165, or 265).
- Five (5) years of related school district experience in teaching special education or related service.
- A commitment to excellence in instructional leadership with current knowledge of best practices of curriculum development, alignment and assessment.
- Strength and experience in special education service delivery models.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
Application Procedure: Apply Online
Selection Procedure: Applications will be reviewed and qualified candidates contacted for interview.