1.0 FTE - DISTRICT
AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 1, 2012
provide CST and case management services to include crisis intervention
counseling services. Experience preferred; knowledge of NJ State Special Education
Code and ability to conduct functional assessments.
School Psychologist Certificate required.
CST and case manager experience preferred.
interpersonal and communication skills.
criminal history background check.
citizenship or legal resident alien status.
CHILD STUDY TEAM MEMBER
NJ School Psychologist Certification
- Knowledge of laws and regulations governing special education
- Demonstrate an effective ability to provide formal and informal testing, psychological evaluation and general counseling services
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Required criminal history check and physical exam
and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien
- Demonstrate an effective ability to work as a team member
- Demonstrate an effective ability to complete paperwork in a timely fashion as regulated by district and state policy
- Ability to move between and provide service to students in district and students out of district placements
Director of Planning and Assessment
· To provide school psychologist and case manager services to classified students in the South Orange & Maplewood School District
· To assist school personnel in helping students learn behavior, subject matter, and/or skills that will contribute to their development into mature, able, and responsible adults
Provide counseling services to students, parents & staff, and, as needed, make referrals to appropriate community resources
Identify students’ social and emotional needs
Provide consultation to school personnel relating to the emotional/social well being of students
Assist in the development and delivery of in-service programs and parent seminars
Inform the staff and community of mental health services available in the district
Serve as a consultant to parents, school personnel, and community groups on child development and mental health topics
Ensure provision of service to classified and potentially classified pupils to whom this individual is assigned as case manager, pursuant to N.J.A.C. 6A:14
Serve as a member of the Child Study Team
Conduct formal and informal psychological evaluations and compose reports detailing results
Provide crisis intervention within the school building
Maintain contact with parent/guardian of assigned students
Maintain current records of services provided and cases assigned
Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the Director of Planning and Assessment
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT 10 months
Salary as per SOMEA Agreement