South St. Paul Public Schools is currently seeking qualified candidates who would be willing to work as a substitute in the Kids’ Choice Summer Program, and the Before/After School Program during the school year.
Summer: up to 8 hours
Non-school days: up to 5.5 hours
Before school: up to 2 hours
After school: up to 3.25 hours
Rate of pay: $11.25 per hour
Education and Qualifications:
AA degree or Vocational Certification: High School Diploma/GED, or 2040 hours of experience supervising children
Relevant related experience required, i.e. childcare, education
First Aid/CPR/AED preferred
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Exhibit a positive, concerned, and accepting attitude toward children and their families.
· Conduct self in a manner that reflects favorably on the Program and Community Education.
· Communicate effectively with parents and children and program staff.
· Maintain confidentiality of information regarding children, staff, family, and program operation.
· Maintains supervision, order, discipline and a safe and secure environment for children at all times.
· Provide a stimulating experience to help the child grow physically, intellectually, emotionally and creatively, according to his/her individual needs and his/her own ability.
· Follow staff and program guidelines as they are presented in the program handbooks.
· Perform necessary nursing procedures for children in the program as delegated by the District Lead Nurse/Director of Special Services and at the direction of the District Lead Nurse/Director of Special Services
· Participates in emergency care of injured or ill children according to district policy.
· Assists in adaptation to allow the student to function in the school/program setting.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, lift, use hands for fingering, grasping and feeling, wrists, hands and/or fingers for repetitive motions. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, reach, stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to and over 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.