Description: Plans, implements, and evaluates student learning experiences. Promotes a full range of learning options. Helps students make appropriate choices. Encourages parental involvement.
- Teaches classes as scheduled. Maintains a thorough understanding of subject material. Creates effective student learning experiences. Documents teaching performance objectives. Uses formal and informal assessment strategies to monitor and manage student learning.
- Upholds board policies and follows administrative guidelines/procedures. Promotes a professional image of the school district. Encourages community partnerships that enhance district programs.
- Promotes effective communications and assistance. Uses problem-solving techniques to tactfully address questions/concerns. Refers policy interpretation inquiries to administrative staff.
- Complies with state policies/procedures for the education of students identified as having a disability. Prepares and implements Individualized Education Plans (IEP). Ensures that services are provided in the least restrictive educational environment.
- Prepares the assigned classroom or instructional area. Develops written lesson plans that align with state standards, the district's adopted courses of study/curriculum goals, and IEP objectives.
- Evaluates the academic needs of students. Develops meaningful educational activities that engage and stimulate student learning. Varies instructional techniques to address diverse learning styles.
- Upholds the student code of conduct. Implements effective pupil management procedures. Maintains a positive learning environment. Helps parents/students understand academic objectives, behavioral standards and performance expectations.
- Proctors district testing activities as directed. Upholds security procedures. Helps students with content-area preparation activities.
- Maintains accurate records and submits reports on time.
Valid State of Ohio Department of Education Special Education license
HQT in Math, ELA, Science, Social Studies
A clear BCI / FBI record