- Special Ed Instructional One to One
- 7 hours per day
- Primary duty is working with an individual student
- Para-educator certification or 2 year post-secondary education strongly preferred
- Primarily responsible for coaching social skills
- Proven track record in work with diverse cultures, students at risk, and ESL populations
- Possess good communication skills
- Responsible for Medicaid documentation
- Positive and caring adult, enjoys working with students who have challenging behaviors
- Knowledge or experience with behavior modification programs
- Able to redirect students towards positive reinforcement
- TEACCH and MANDT training preferred
- Responsible for assisting teacher with individual instruction
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to indoor and outdoor conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently walk, stoop, bend and sit. The noise level in the work environment ranges from mild to loud.
Sioux City Community Schools is a supporter of the National Career Readiness Certificate. The Certificate consists of assessments that measure skills critical to on-the-job success: Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information, and Locating Information. We highly recommend applicants for our non-certified positions visit Iowa Workforce Development to learn more about the National Career Readiness Certificate. If you have completed the assessments necessary for the certificate, please submit your scores with your application.
The Sioux City Community School District prohibits discrimination based on race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status. The School District does not and will not discriminate on the basis of these above mentioned categories in employment or in the educational programs, activities, and vocational opportunities offered by the District.
Every effort will be made to recruit the most qualified candidates for all positions within the District. We recognize that diversity is an asset to be valued and will strive to encourage diversity among our workforce.