Effective immediately the Human Resources Department will accept on-line applications for the following SAC Summer Support Paraprofessional position:
Moreland Elementary Monday through Thursday 2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. from date of hire through August 17, 2012. Friday hours may vary.
No time off allowed between August 13-17.
Salary range is $13.07-$14.15 per hour based on the 2011-2013 salary schedule for the district.
Line of Supervision: Response to the SAC site supervisor, Facilitator and Coordinator of School Age Care.
Primary function: To assist SAC instructional assistants in providing a quality, enjoyable school age care experience.
Qualifications: Experience working with children in group situations, good communication skills, high degree of flexibility. Experience working with children of diverse economic, social and cultural backgrounds.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
Physical Requirements: Physically capable of meeting all performance responsibilities required with students, including moderate standing, walking, stooping, bending and kneeling. Presenting information to students and lifting up to 40 pounds.
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent.
- Assist in the implementation and preparation of curriculum and enrichment activities for students.
- Participate with children in activities.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement emergency procedures.
- Assist in supervising field trips.
- Assist in supervising children’s indoor and outdoor activities.
- Assist in guiding children’s behavior using a positive and consistent style.
- Work in small groups to assist student's with daily activities.
- Other duties as assigned by site supervisor.
To apply for this position please apply online.