AN EQUAL RIGHTS AND OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
PLEASE APPLY IF INTERESTED IN ANY POSITIONS WHICH MAY BECOME AVAILABLE DUE TO THE DOMINO EFFECT WITHIN THE MILLCREEK ASSOCIATION OF SECRETARIES MEET AND DISCUSS AGREEMENT.
HOURS: 7.5 PER DAY - 260 DAYS PER YEAR
1. College Associate or BA degree, preferred.
2. Word-processing, database and spreadsheet experience, required.
3. Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot problems with software usage, required.
4. Maintain good rapport with other staff.
5. Experience dealing with the public.
6. Maintain confidentiality of District business.
7. Good organizational skills.
8. Such alternatives to the above as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Director of Personnel
1. Input all approved conference days for employees and work with Curriculum for Department days.
2. Update employee information in the computerized absence system based on new hires and/or resignations.
3. Maintain daily calendar of meetings and activities occurring daily at the Millcreek Education Center and maintain Administration vacation schedule.
4. Process and maintain unfilled substitute monthly and yearly report.
5. Report daily to Supervisor effectiveness of the computerized absence system in filling absences, via daily
6. Manage the computerized absence system.
7. Reconcile irregularities related to the computerized absence system.
a. Listen to answering machine periodically throughout course of day and night to monitor functionality to prepare for reconciliation the next day.
b. Call substitutes to fill positions that have not been covered.
c. Organize information in relation to irregularities and consistent issues related to substitute coverage throughout the District.
8. File absence request forms and other computerized/paperwork related to the management of substitute coverage and staff absences.
9. Enter all absence/attendance for attendance purposes into the computerized personnel system for all groups except food service, custodial and maintenance.
10. Monitor all employee absences to comply with various agreements and follow up with employees who do not follow absentee process.
11. Monitor the status of filled absences by the computerized absence system throughout day.
12. Make personal calls to fill assignments not filled by the computerized absence system from home and the Millcreek Education Center on a daily basis.
13. Monitor Family Medical Leave (FMLA) start/end dates and enters specifics regarding the FMLA into the computerized personnel system.
14. Update the substitute list regularly with the Personnel Department.
15. Maintain and update a record of employee absences and respective substitute coverage and report to appropriate administrators.
16. Cooperate with organizing, collating information, creating mailing labels, input of data, etc. when requested by other departments within the Millcreek Education Center.
17. Provide switchboard coverage daily to cover lunch breaks.
18. Assist in recruitment for substitutes in all areas of the school district.
19. Assist in planning and execution of the substitute orientation.
20. Monitor substitute performance summaries to assure appropriate feedback to substitutes.
21. Monitor substitute’s utilization for issuance of substitute incentive bonuses.
22. Process substitute board approval letters.
23. Monitor and assist employees and substitutes with the Global Compliance Network.
24. Track billing of Intermediate Unit teachers with Business Department.
25. Any other duties assigned by the Superintendent or his designee.
1. Ability to sit and talk and hear.
2. Ability to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and move quickly when necessary.
3. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
1. Ability to speak clearly and distinctly.
2. Auditory acuity to be able to use telephone.
3. Visual acuity to read correspondence and computer screen.
1. Indoor environment.
1. Ability to work as a member of a team.
2. Must be courteous.
3. Must be cooperative, congenial, service oriented, and promote these qualities in the building.
4. Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions.
1. Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
2. Ability to demonstrate good written and verbal skills.
3. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to students, staff, and other
employees of the organization.
4. Ability to read, write and do computations.
5. Ability to work independently and make work-related decisions.
6. Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
7. Ability to exercise good judgment in prioritizing tasks, and problem solving.
8. Ability to use correct grammar, sentence structure and spelling.
9. Ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disability (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding the position and additional duties may be assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Work year and salary in accordance with the Millcreek Association of Educational Secretaries Meet and Discuss Agreement.
EVALUATION: Performance will be evaluated annually by the Director of Personnel.