- Valid Michigan Teacher Certificate with a Early
Childhood (ZA) endorsement required. Master's degree in Early
Childhood or Reading preferred.
- Knowledge of current research on literacy development,
brain development, and the critical experiences children need
in early childhood.
- Skill in providing effective learning experiences that
foster academic growth in a developmentally appropriate
- Ability to engage parents as full partners in their child's
- Understand the continuum of learning that begins at birth,
and awareness of exactly where preschool fits in that
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board
of Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
To provide high quallity instructional services to four year
old children to help them develop their potential for success in