This position maintains Operating Budget, Student Activity Funds, and Campus Budget accounts. The position receives and deposits student and school monies; processes purchase orders, reconciles campus financial records and handles related accounting transactions. The position provides information concerning bookkeeping procedures to students and staff and communicates with vendors.
1. Receives, receipts for, counts and verifies money for various activities. Prepares deposit slips and bags for courier pick up.
2. Writes checks (Student Activity only);inputs requisitions and purchase orders; obtains appropriate signatures. Prepares change boxes for student activities; accounts for all monies.
3. Maintains campus accounting for multiple accounts; submits documentation for reimbursement. Maintains and reconciles fund accounts; records cash received and issues receipts; counts money. Reconciles budget printouts received from district’s Central Accounting Department.
4. Maintains all accounting records; post receipts and expenditures to proper accounts; prepares a variety of reports. Maintains records in Quicken and monitors activity in the District accounting software.
5. Maintains student financial records. Receives, deposits, and posts fines and fee payments; sends letters concerning fines owed.
6. Responds to telephone inquiries concerning all accounting matters. Receives and responds to written requests. Meets with auditors as necessary to provide records, information and explanations. Works with student advisors; communicates accounting procedures.
7. Acts as custodian of office petty cash fund; maintains accounting records for campus budgets as assigned.
8. Ensures that accounting procedures as established by the district are followed. Maintains financial records according to required retention schedules
9. Assists administrators to prepare annual campus budgets.
10. Communicates with vendors concerning purchase orders; receives supplies and verifies against purchase orders; processes Student Activity invoices for payment.
11. Works effectively and cooperatively with Central Office Accounting Staff.
12. Communicates any financial and/or fraud concerns to the principal in a timely manner.
13. Conserve electricity as outlined in the districts energy management plan