1. Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
2. Creates a classroom environment that is conductive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students
3. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and—in harmony with the goals—establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
4. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
5. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
6. Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of division specialist as required.
7. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
8. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with the principal or immediate supervisor, evaluates their job performance.
9. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
10. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
11. Performs such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
12. Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
13. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.