FALL RIVER PUBLIC
1. Appropriate Massachusetts
educator license for subject area.
2. Appropriate Massachusetts
educator license for Supervisor/Director.
3. Minimum of three years of
successful teaching experience at the appropriate level.
4. Master's Degree in the
appropriate subject area.
Assignments as determined by the Principal
To support and assist classroom teachers with content and
content-specific pedagogy that effectively supports students in
meeting the standards identified in the Massachusetts Curriculum
Frameworks. To provide leadership, coordination, and innovation
to assigned curricular areas.
1. In conjunction with the
curriculum directors, coordinates the development and
implementation of district curriculum objectives.
2. Teaches one class in area of
3. Evaluates all staff as
determined by Principal.
4. Observes classrooms on an
5. Assists teachers in resolving
instructional problems and serves as a resource on curriculum
6. Checks lesson plans regularly to
insure that curriculum requirements are being met and that
necessary materials are available
7. Meets with teachers during
8. Makes recommendations on
curriculum development, implementation, assessment, and program
9. Oversees the department's
supply, textbook, and equipment needs.
10. Assists in the recruitment, screening, hiring,
training, and assigning of staff.
11. Provides in-service training, and assigning of staff,
based on needs identified in both district and school improvement
12. Assists in developing and utilizing community resources
for department needs.
13. Keeps abreast of progress and new developments in field
14. Is responsible for collecting results official
assessments and documentation necessary for school improvement
15. Any other duties as defined by the Principal.
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
In accordance with the Fall River Administrators' Association
contract. Continued employment is contingent on job performance,
program needs, and funding.
Closing Date for
Applications: As indicated on webpage
The Fall River Public
Schools offers all programs, activities, and employment
opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, religion,
sexual orientation, and