The mission of North Shore School District 112, a community partnership committedto a world-class education, is to nurture every child to become an inspired learner, awell-rounded individual and contributing member of a global community by strivingfor excellence within an environment that fosters innovation, respect, engagementand intellectual inquiry.
The North Shore School District 112, a progressive PK-8 district of 4,600 students located in the north suburban Chicago area, is seeking a new middle school Associate Principal for the 2012-2013 school year for Edgewood school, a 6-8 school of 595 students.
Proven record of educational leadership, including excellent
interpersonal and communication skills; strong background in school curriculum and instruction;
successful administrative or teaching experience; ability to be part of
an effective management team; strong skills in technology; ability to
work well in a professional community with high expectations for its
students and schools.
Must hold the type 75 administrative certificate in the state of Illinois
The associate principal shall assist the principal as appropriate in all duties of the principal position, which are as follows:
A. Instructional Leadership:
1. Communicates and implements the district's mission and strategic plan
2. Sets a vision of excellence for the school
3. Demonstrates high expectations for staff and students
4. Recognizes the qualities of effective instruction
5. Assists staff in evaluating instructional effectiveness and setting goals for improvement
6. Coordinates the curriculum within the building
7. Monitors student progress continuously
8. Is a visible presence in building to staff and students
9. Is continually engaged in school improvement efforts 10. Encourages creativity and innovation to improve student achievement
11. Coordinates necessary support services for students
12. Encourages professional growth to enhance teacher performance
13. Utilizes effective school research in decision-making
14. Recognizes student and staff accomplishments 15. Minimizes disruptions to the instructional process
B. Managerial Responsibilities
1. Maintains a safe and orderly environment for students and staff 2. Promotes positive school climate 3. Promotes and maintains quality community relations 4. Communicates and works effectively with central office administration 5. Manages building and grounds needs 6. Attends and contributes to district-level and other professional meetings 7. Prepares and interprets reports and records accurately 8. Effectively uses available technology to increase office productivity
C. Staff Supervision
1. Effectively uses the district's personnel selection process to recommend highly qualified candidates for vacancies
2. Communicates high performance expectations to staff members 3. Coaches and counsels staff in helpful and supportive manner
4. Conferences regularly with staff members to review performance 5. Effectively evaluates staff according to district plan
6. Monitors and addresses personnel concerns promptly and fairly 7. Provides proper orientation and support for new staff members
D. Personal Qualities
1. Serves as a positive role model for students and staff
2. Maintains a professional demeanor 3. Demonstrates a sense of teamwork 4. Communicates effectively with students, parents, and staff and community 5. Is open and empathetic 6. Demonstrates cooperation and congeniality with colleagues 7. Is flexible, yet decisive 8. Shows warmth and good humor 9. Expresses interest and enthusiasm for teaching and learning 10. Is personally committed to lifelong learning 11. Demonstrates honesty and integrity 12. Demonstrates ability to manage conflict
Please apply online at www.nssd112.org.
Regionally competitive, but a base salary of no less than $78,000, in addition to an excellent benefit package in a 12 month administrative contract.
Deadline for Application:
July 24, 2012
The North Shore School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
North Shore School District 112
1936 Green Bay Rd.
Please visit: http://prezi.com/13817/
North Shore School District 112
Located off the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan just 25 miles north of downtown Chicago, we are a public elementary district with eleven distinguished schools. Our proud tradition of providing excellence in education for the communities of Highland Park, Highwood and Fort Sheridan began more than one hundred years ago. Today, there are more than 4,400 students in our district, served by approximately 620 staff members.
Salary: $39,507 - $103,062 plus excellent benefits including full individual health and dental insurance paid for by the Board of Education, TRS Retirement Pension Service Credit, paid sick, personal, religious and bereavement leave, and other benefits.
Apply on line by completing the on line application and uploading support materials.
The principal and/or selection team will review on line applications and supporting materials and the principal and/or selection team will call individuals in for interviews. After initial interviews, candidates meet with the Assistant Superintendent for Personnel Services who may recommend the individual for hire by the Board of Education.
All jobs from North Shore School District 112