Special Education Paraprofessional - Development Cognitive Delays and Autism
Effectively immediately the Human Resources Office will accept online applications for a Special Education Paraprofessional position in regards to Development Cognitive Delays and Autism. The position is Monday through Friday, student contact days only, 5.75 hours per day. The salary range is $18.52 - $19.59 per the 2011-2013 salary schedule for district paraprofessionals.
Line of Authority: Responsible to the supervising teacher.
Primary Function: To assist students with the instructional process in special education and/or regular education classrooms.
with student or small groups of students to reinforce learning of skills
introduced by teachers.
the teacher/s in devising strategies for reinforcing skills based on
sympathetic understanding of students' needs, interests and abilities.
independent study, enrichment work and remedial work set up and assigned by the
with large group activities such as drill work, reading aloud, storytelling and
and supervising student’s wash-up and toilet routines including lifting and
and supervising student to/from bus and in the building as needed.
in in-service training programs as assigned.
out behavior management techniques necessary to maintain classroom order as
instructed by the teacher/s.
of clerical tasks related to students to whom assigned.
duties as assigned.
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Completion of clerical tasks related to students to whom assigned.
- Perform other general duties to accomplish the objectives and goals of the program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Associates Degree or equivalent.
- Two (2) or more year’s post-secondary training in
education or related field.
- Ability to positively work with children with
- Ability to work with behaviorally challenging students
including those who may be physically and verbally aggressive.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work as a team member with staff and
- Ability to understand and follow data privacy rules
and regulations related to students.
- Must have the ability and proven record of reporting
to work on a regular and punctual basis.
Physically capable of meeting all performance
responsibilities required with students, including frequent standing, and
walking, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling and regular heavy
lifting of students.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and/or up to adult-size
body weight with two to three person lift.
- Ability to support student’s full body weight up to
To be considered for this position, please apply on-line at http://www.isd197.org/.