Administrative Assistant - Special Education (48 weeks/year)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Assist Special Education Administrator by maintaining confidential records; creates and maintains databases; disseminates information and correspondence; maintains communications with other local school district; assists with multiple projects and initiatives of the special education department; functions as a liaison between client-parents and the professional support staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer routine telephone inquiries regarding department programs and procedures.
- Maintain Administrator's caendar and schedule meetings, appointments, conference room reservations, etc.
- Format and produce various types of documents on the computer.
- Prepare and assemble materials for in-services and meetings.
- Prepare and distribute mailings.
- Prepare all authorized purchase orders and returns for approved supplies and equipment.
- Maintain assigned budgets.
- Maintain electronic student enrollment data system including membership reporting.
- Analyze and compile data for multiple sources.
- Create and maintain multiple and confidential files.
- Maintain several detailed databases and generate reports.
- Coordinate work with other staff.
- Sereve as a department representative on various committees and attend meetings as needed.
- Assist supervisor with projects as needed.
- Maintain regular consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Adhere to district health and safety procedures.
- Adhere to Board policies.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One to three years related experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to pass a typing test at 55 wpm.
- Strong technology skills (skilled at using PC computer, laptop, assistive communication devices/technology and other educational technology and software).
- Ability to work with people in an efficient and congenial manner.
- Basic knowledge of office procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and correctly both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
- Ability to organize and follow through on multiple tasks meeting all required timelines.
Only those candidates that provide the requested information will be considered.
- Provide a resume and letter of interest including a review of relevant experience.
- With your letter of interest you must provide photographic evidence of meeting the minimal qualifications, i.e., copies of diplomas, educational transcripts, certifications and licensure.
- Current letters of reference.
- Materials received from applicants after the deadline will not be considered.
- Internal applicants are equally responsible for providing all requested information. Calhoun Intermediate School District will not retrieve or copy information from your personnel file. It is the applicant's sole responsibility and if necessary the person should make the needed arrangements in order to review their personnel file and obtain any copies to include with their letter of interest and resume.
Application Deadline: July 13, 2012, at 4:00 p.m. (Internal Candidates)
Open Until Filled (External Candidates)
The Calhoun Intermediate School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap, sex, age, religion, national origin, weight, height, or marital status in its employment practices.