1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Must be able to play the piano and accompany vocal choir.
3. Excellent organizational skills.
4. Strong interpersonal and intrapersonal skills.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
6. Ability to work with a linguistically and culturally diverse public.
- Plays accompaniment at sight for designated classes and choral groups.
- Coaches students individually to improve vocal and/or instrumental skills.
- Coaches students in proper diction for songs.
- Illustrates different musical forms in theory courses.
- Adapts themes to the piano from recorded music.
- Composes short music phrases to accompany choreographed dance pieces.
- Accompany students for performances and rehearsals:
a. Occasional before and after school rehearsals
b. Vocal music concerts each semester
c. Honors choir community performances
d. Senior Awards Assembly
e. Choral Banquet (as scheduled)
f. After-school choral auditions
g. Other performances as schedule.
8. Assist Fine Arts Department in planning, preparing, and publicizing department events, such as the District Fine
Arts Fair and High School Evening with the Fine Arts.
9. May perform clerical duties such as cataloging music.
10. Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor or designee.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Applicants should apply online at: www.d131.org