Months of Employment: 12 months/year
Benefits: Twenty-four (24) days vacation per fiscal year; health insurance; life insurance; blood bank; benefit stipend to assist with the cost of prescription, vision and/or dental insurance.
Salary Range: $102,000 - $113,000
Application Procedures: Applicants must apply online and also submit (upload) a letter of interest, resume and transcripts no later than August 1, 2012.
- Qualify for State of Delaware Certification as Administrator School Leader I
- Masters Degree
- Five years experience in deaf education
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local special education laws and regulations
- Knowledge of current research and best practices in education, especially in the areas of social/emotional development for deaf, hard of hearing students
- Fluency in American Sign Language required
- Successful completion of the State of Delaware Pre-Professional Skills Test (only for those candidates not already certified in Delaware and may be met after position has been offered).
- Provide leadership for the Delaware School for the Deaf (DSD) Resident Life Program.
- Supervise the Residential Life Staff and Students.
- Monitor District and School policies, mandates and regulations as they relate to the Residential Life Program.
- Work collaboratively with the DSD/Statewide administrative team, assist with school-wide events and maintain open communication between the academic and residential life programs.
- Responsible for hiring and evaluating candidates for positions within the Residence Life Program.
- Develop, coordinate and maintain all after school extracurricular programs and activities that foster academic, vocational, social, emotional and physical development of residential and day students.
- Administration on call from 4pm to 7am for any Residential Life Programs or after school programs emergencies and overnight coverage.
- Coordinate meal planning for the residence halls with food services.
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as may be assigned.
Employment is conditional
upon receipt of an acceptable Criminal Background Report, a negative
Pre-Employment Drug Screening and a Child Abuse Registry Check showing you are not
on the registry at any level.
Christina School District is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of
the Board of Education of the Christina School District (“District”) that no
person shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or Vietnam Era veteran’s
status be subjected to any discrimination prohibited by the Civil Rights Act of
1964, as amended; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, as amended; the
Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973;
Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972; and other applicable laws,
regulations, and Executive Orders. This policy applies to the District’s
programs and activities. Inquiries regarding compliance with this policy may be
directed to Dr. Judi Coffield, Director of K-12 Services, Christina School
District, 600 North Lombard Street, Wilmington, DE 19801; Telephone: (302)