Bay-Arenac ISD Position Description
JOB TITLE: Computer Support Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Technical Services
REPORTS TO: Manager of Technical Operations
PREPARED BY: Beth Soggs DATE: 7/9/12 FTE: 1
APPROVED BY: Dave Sevener DATE: 7/9/12
Supports the end-users of Bay-Arenac Intermediate School District Career Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Install, manage, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair 500+ computers, laptops, printers, projectors, etc.
· Manage computer image deployment.
· Provide training for staff as needed.
· Provide technical assistance and support to building administration and staff in the set-up, use, and purchase of technology.
· Configure, test, and maintain software installations.
· Maintain accurate work order system records.
· Maintain inventory of technology assets.
· Maintain industry standards for network security and physical security of technology equipment.
· Maintain industry standards for virus and malware protection & prevention.
· Be an active member of the Bay-Arenac ISD Career Center Technology Committee.
· Utilize teamwork on a regular basis to support the needs of the Bay-Arenac ISD Career Center.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Two to three years of work experience in computer support and repair field
- CompTia A+ certification
- Prefer additional certification in networking, laptop, desktop, and/or printer support
- Ability to relate well with others and provide excellent customer service
- Knowledge of computer image deployment systems
- Experience troubleshooting Windows XP and Windows 7
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Highly motivated. Self-starter. Willing to learn/master new methods/processes/applications. Willing to work a flexible schedule. Ability to operate personal computers. Use of arms and hands for finger dexterity for operating such equipment. Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory in specific field. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, and the school community. Ability to speak clearly and concisely both in oral and written communication. Ability to organize and follow through. Ability to deal with confidential matters. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Drivers License required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; such as printers, computers, servers, UPS’s. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to withstand long-term use of Video Display Terminals is required. The employee is regularly required to meet deadlines with severe time constraints and occasionally interact with the public and staff in addition to meeting multiple demands from several people.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. There is some work outdoors.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.