Duties & Responsibilities:
Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special
1. Promote the entire athletic program and adhere to the philosophies
and policies of Davenport Central High School.
2. Will help select, train and supervise the football squad per your
assigned level as determined by head varsity coach.
3. Must work to form a positive professional relationship with
players, coaches, parents and fans.
4. Must possess an enthusiastic attitude and ability to understand
high school age boys in an athletic setting.
5. Must be willing to supervise and train athletes in the weight room
using the BFS program ALL year round.
6. Must be willing to participate in camps, clinics, passing leagues,
7. Must be willing to participate in promoting Central/Blue Devil
feeder programs – intermediate schools and YSF.
8. Develop players to their fullest potential, starting with teaching
basic fundamentals of the game of football.
9. Responsibilities include supervising players at all practices and
contests as well as in the locker room and on the bus
10. Understands the proper
administrative line of command and refers all requests and grievances through
proper channels. Is aware of all
public / staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
11. Work in cooperation
with the Director of Athletics for the Davenport Community School District
and in cooperation with the Athletic Director at Central High School.
12. Must work within
guidelines established by the MAC Conference and the Iowa High School
13. Will be an active
member in the Iowa High School Football Coaches Association.
14. Willing to work in the
summer, on weekends, and at other allowable times in order to maintain a
15. Willingness to perform
additional duties as requested by head coach and Central Administration
16. Able to lift 50 lbs.,
and be on feet for extended periods of time
Physical Requirements of Position:
(HBV Yes No)
Special Qualification Desired:
Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
· Must possess a valid Iowa
· Preferably high school and
or college football playing experience
· Successful high school football
coaching experience is preferred
· Preferably teach or work at
· Must go to the Davenport
Community Schools webpage and complete an online application
· Such alternatives to the
above qualifications as the administration may find appropriate and