Bus Monitor assists in providing safe transportation to ensure that
students enjoy the full advantage of school district programs and
activities. To accomplish these tasks the Bus Monitor must work closely with the staff and administration of USD 260.
Responsible to: Supervisor of Transportation and/or Director of Special Education
Salary: Range G
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Desire to continue career improvement.
in providing safe transportation to ensure that students enjoy the full
advantage of school district programs and activities.
2. Ensure that all activities conform to state school transportation guidelines.
3. Communicate effectively with all members of the school district and community.
4. React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
5. Support the value of an education.
6. Support the philosophy and mission of USD 260.
7. Appropriately operate all equipment as required.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
1. Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
2. Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials.
3. Requires stooping, kneeling, crawling, bending, turning and reaching.
4. Requires climbing and balancing.
5. Must work indoors and outdoors year-round.
6. Extensive bus travel required.
7. Must work in noisy, crowded, stressful environments.
8. Must work in and around dust, fumes and odors.
report accidents, assaults, destruction of property, and abusive
behavior to the principal, Director of Transportation, and/or Director
of Special Education, whichever is appropriate.
2. Ensure that students wait, board and depart buses in a safe and orderly fashion.
3. Work with drivers and Transportation Director in resolving problems with students.
4. Adhere to district policies at all times.
5. Keep abreast of new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
6. Adhere to all district health and safety policies including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
duties as assigned by the Transportation Director or administrative
staff which are consistent with the general requirements and
qualifications for the position.