DESCRIPTION: Invoice, record, analyze, report and collect all Board approved District levied student fees.
Salary: Classified Grade J, $14.62 - $16.80 per hour based on previous experience. 8 hours per day, Monday - Friday, 260 day work year. Eligible for benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain up-to-date billing system for all academic, athletic, supply and transportation student fees.
- Monitoring student fee account details for non payments, delayed payments and other irregularities and communicating with customers (schools and families) via phone, email, mail or personally regarding outstanding student fees.
- Investigate and resolve customer queries.
- Research all fees cash receipts, coding and posting of receipts as well as applies unallocated cash and coordinates with school staff to complete daily bank deposit.
- Organize a recovery system and initiate collection efforts as approved by the Superintendent.
- Provides monthly financial and management reports for District use and generates accounting statements for customers.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus specialized courses in accounting as acquired with up to 2 years of college classes.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Must be able to pass CBI/FBI finger-print background check.
- Two to three (2-3) years accounts receivable experience.
- Hands on general accounting experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & EQUIPMENT:
- Expert competence with spreadsheet, database and accounting software and knowledge of computers is essential.
- Prior experience developing management reporting is helpful.
- Position requires an attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently.
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers is needed.
- Experience in working in Excel required at the time of hire.
- General ledger software, such as CIMS, preferred at the time of hire.
REPORTS TO DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING ///// SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT ///// DIRECT BANKING REQUIRED ///// AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ///// School District 27J desires to recruit and retain employees who share our commitment to providing outstanding educational services and opportunities to our diverse student population. The District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. The District complies with the Civil Rights Act of 1964, related Executive Orders 11246 and 11375, Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Section 402 of the Vietnam Era Veteran's readjustment At of 1974, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, and all civil rights laws of the State of Colorado. Accordingly, equal opportunity of employment shall be extended to all persons and the District shall promote equal opportunity and treatment through fair and equitable hiring practices. The 27J Administration Building is located at 18551 E. 160th Ave., Brighton, CO 80601. ///// Strong bilingual skills, especially in Spanish, are a plus. Experiences working with students from economically diverse backgrounds are sought for many of our positions. All current employees shall be interviewed and considered first. If there are no qualified candidates, then non-employees shall be interviewed and considered.