The Registered Nurse is the health professional in
the school. She or he is charged with seeing to the health needs of the
students and to the record-keeping and other health-related
requirements of the schools and the District.
1. Maintain health records, including physical
examinations and immunizations required by law.
2. Maintain a log of
injuries and other health-related incidents, and medication records.
3. Keep informed about OSHA regulations and similar health-related laws
and to see to the required paperwork and other requirements.
4. Conduct vision and hearing screenings if so certified. Assist in
hearing and vision screenings in schools without a person certified in
these screenings. Administer to the
health needs of students during the
school day, including counseling individual students on health and
5. Communicate with parents any concerns related to
physical examinations, immunizations, hearing and vision screenings, and
other health matters.
6. Administer to the health needs of students
during the school day, including counseling individual students on
health and hygiene matters.
7. Provide first aid and other health
assistance to employees during the school day.
8. See to the
administration of medication to students in accordance with Board of
9. Be available to teachers to assist in
instruction in health-related matters, including helping to arrange
speakers and field trips.
10.Keep the building Principal informed
about health issues and incidents as they occur.
- R.N. registered in Illinois
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly professional language and demeanor
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective in use of all communication technology
Date Available: August 20, 2012
Application Procedure: On-line application process
Salary: Beginning $19.00/hr. Based on experience