This is a long term reserve position from approximately October 10, 2012 through January 2, 2013
The position involves working with students in Grades K-5 and with the whole staff of an elementary school. 30-minute specialist classes for Grades 1-3 and scheduled book check-out times for all grades are a part of the schedule for the position. Library/media specialist licensure preferred.
Strong consideration will be given to candidates who demonstrate:
· knowledge of and sensitivity to the developmental needs of young children, both in a group and as individuals:
· outstanding interpersonal skills, exhibiting teamwork in working with students, staff, and parents, and a respectful manner of treating others;
· leadership skills in the integration of technology;
· knowledge related to resource selection (print, video, computer, newspaper etc.), equipment management, video production, and materials inventory;
· familiarity with IXL math
· collaboration with a media assistant and coordination of parent volunteers to work in the media center;
· strong student management skills;
· successful strategies for communicating and collaborating with parents;
· an inclusive attitude with the willingness to find special talents in a broad spectrum of students.
This is a Round 2 posting and is open to current employees and outside candidates.
Positions will remain posted until filled, regardless of closing date.
For internal candidates: you must complete the Transfer Form located on the District Website under Employment, Application Process, Internal Applicants and Transfer Form: www.wayzata.k12.mn.us