ARLINGTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Arlington, Ma 02476
POSITION: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, SPECIAL EDUCATION
1. Master’s Degree
2. Certification in Special Education Administration from DESE
3. Three years successful teaching experience
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education
JOB GOAL: The Assistant Director is knowledgeable about regulatory requirements and works with the Director of Special Education in carrying out the duties and responsibilities related to the implementation of Chapter 766, Section 504, and compliance with all other state and federal laws
1. Responsible for supervising central and school-based evaluation teams.
2. Monitoring the assignments of students in self-contained and out of district placements.
3. Evaluating itinerant and related 766 service providers.
SALARY: Negotiated by A.A.A.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
Until Position is Filled
See Website: www.arlington.k12.ma.us/employment
Arlington values diversity. We strongly encourage candidates of varied backgrounds, including people of color, persons with disabilities and others to apply.