1. Contribute to and participate in the building Student Support Team.
2. Serve as an IEP case manager.
3. Work as a team member in staffings. Facilitate team meetings to review student progress and develop IEP’s as related to student needs.
4. Plan and implement appropriate educational programs for individuals.
5. Implement educational plans as describe on individual IEP (IIIP/IFSP) and train building staff as needed.
6. Maintain appropriate records and reports. Collect data on progress on goals and objectives for each student.
7. Develop, coordinate, and evaluate work related experience and community experiences for students, if applicable.
8. Direct the work of paraprofessionals.
9. Communicate effectively with students, families, educators, and administrators regarding student programs and progress.
10. Collaborate with students, families, related service providers, outside agencies, and other team members to promote growth of each student.
11. Work cooperatively with general education teachers and staff and provide building training as needed.
12. Create and maintain a professional working relationship with families and staff.
13. Participate in curriculum development.
14. Conduct assessments, comprehensive report results, and follow Minnesota state criteria in area(s) of special education eligibility.
15. Determine and complete purchase orders for supplies, materials, and equipment based on student needs.
16. Participate in building and District level staff development activities.
17. Perform all other duties and responsibilities in certification areas as directed by the Director of Special Services and/or the Building Principal.
18. Other duties as assigned.