||Open Until Filled|
|LENGTH OF WORK YEAR:
||May 13, 2002|
MUST SUBMIT PAPER APPLICATION TO EDINBURG CISD HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE AT
411 North 8th, Edinburg, TX
OR ACCESS PAPER APPLICATION FROM THE FOLLOWING URL:
Follow routine cleaning and maintenance procedures to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of building operations and grounds.
High School Graduate or GED preferred
Six (6) months experience in a job as a janitor preferred or the ability to learn the job through on-the-job training
Knowledge or proper sequence of activities required to perform the job referred
Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers and supervisor
Ability to perform work tasks independent of constant supervision
Ability to perform repetitive work on a continuous basis
Ability to match or discriminate between colors by sight or from memory sufficient to distinguish color safety codes and perform job accurately and safely
Ability to move hands easily and skillfully to handle/operate tools/machines to perform required tasks Ability to interpret school policy and procedure in relation to the job position, safety, and health
Ability to perform a variety of different types of tasks without the variety itself causing a loss of efficiency
Ability to follow both written and verbal instructions that require individual thought to complete the tasks a series of tasks
Ability to perform activities of a routine concrete or organized nature
The job requires the individual to work inside and outside in an uncontrolled environment.
The working hours are regularly 40 hours per week.
The hours may vary as needed by the school district.
The physical demands of the job are:
Medium lifting and/or carrying objects (0 to 33% of the work day) with medium lifting and or carrying objects (34 to 66% of the work day) or light lifting and/or carrying objects (67 to 99% of the workday). Standing up to 2 ½ hours at a time during the work day.
Walking up to 2 ½ hours at a time during the workday.
Climb ladder up to 15 feet in height.
Kneel, stoop, and/or crawl on occasion (0 to 33 % of the workday).
Reach from ground level to above head (with one or both hands) with up to 20 pounds of weight on occasion (0 to 33% of the workday).
Grasp and handle tools, materials, and other objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
Push/pull with approximately 40 pounds of strength/force to use broom, mop, electric floor polisher/buffer, lawn mower, etc.
Balance to work safely on wet or slippery surface.
- Keep all buildings in a clean and orderly condition.
- Sweep, mop or scrub hallways, classrooms, offices, restrooms and stairs.
- Empty trash and garbage containers into designated trash bin for the building.
- Clean debris from sidewalk and driveway from street to building.
- Mow lawn, trim shrubbery, and cultivate flowers, using hand tools and power tools.
- Move and/or set up desks, tables, file/storage cabinets, and chairs in building as directed.
- Clean restrooms fixtures with proper cleaning solution and disinfectant.
- Remove old wax from floor and prepare for new wax as directed or scheduled.
- Mix water, detergents, or chemicals to prepare cleaning solutions according to specifications.
- Scrub with appropriate cleaning solution and/or apply wax or other protective coating as required to walls, shelves, tables, sinks, desks etc.
- Keep building secure from other persons entering after regular school operating hours.
- Be sure all doors to be locked are locked and all windows are closed and locked before leaving each day/night.
- Report major building maintenance repair needs to the principal.
- Dust and/or wax desks, tables tops, and work surfaces as directed.
- Strip floor surfaces of wax or other protective coating and apply new wax or a protective wax.
- Operate buffer and other cleaning equipment within common, acceptable, and demonstrated safety procedures.
- Keep outside walkways clean of debris and dirt.
- Maintain security in school building in accordance with school policy procedures.
- Perform minor and routine maintenance through painting, plumbing, and other activities.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner to avoid injury to oneself and/or to others.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Vacuum cleaner, buffing machines, burnishers, wet/dry vacuums, lawn mower, small power tools, custodial hand tools (mops, brooms, brushes etc.)
Mental Demands/Physical demands/Environment Factors:
- Strenuous walking, standing, stooping, and/or climbing, heavy lifting and carrying, working inside and outside, exposure to hot and cold temperatures, exposure to dust and cleaning chemicals, working on ladder, working on slippery surfaces
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Signature of Employee Date
The Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, military status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.