Currently all positions are filled. This is a general application for possible future openings.
• Teachers must hold licensure appropriate for special edcucation.
• Non teaching staff: Bachelor’s of Arts/Science degree in psychology, social work or related field. Mental health license preferred. Eligible for the Educational Aide Certificate under Ohio Department of Education.
• Experience working with behaviorally/emotionally challenged children/youth.
• Communicate accurately and effectively, both written and orally.
• Demonstrate effective decision-making skills.
• Utilize good judgment under routine and stressful work conditions.
• Work professionally, effectively and collaboratively with others.
• Ability to participate in physical interventions, when necessary, and with fidelity to the methods taught through the Therapeutic Crisis Intervention model. Physical interventions are low in frequency but require intense physical exertion. The object is to safely control/maintain a struggling and aggressive young person ranging from 50 – 250 pounds. Physical requirements include, but are not limited to: kneeling, possibly for extended periods of time on hard surfaces, bending, twisting, and holding.
• Ability to participate in the therapeutic camping and outdoor education/field trips which may involve hiking, biking, climbing, and swimming.
• Ability to use a computer and keyboard (eye-hand coordination and repetitive movements related to keyboarding).
• Ability to move around the classroom/center/community and sit and stand for more than an hour at a time.
• Ability to visually and auditorily assess and monitor the mental health status of students for safety purposes.
• Ability to meet driver eligibility standards and operate an agency leased vehicle (see physical form for additional information).
• Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids and tissue.
• Possible exposure to hostile or aggressive behaviors by clients and/or family members.
• Likely exposure to communicable diseases (i.e. colds, flu, measles, etc.).