· Prioritize the work and activities of a school office, ensuring the completion of a wide variety of work related to operating a school.
· Maintain daily attendance records and submit monthly and bi-weekly transmittals, supplemental pay forms, and Absence/Duty report forms to Payroll.
· Prepare requisitions for school materials, provide budget line codes, monitor available funds, and verify the receipt of materials.
· Arrange for substitute teachers, as needed, to ensure classes are covered; orient and explain policies and procedures to substitutes.
· Perform bookkeeping responsibilities for school budget and activity funds.
· Perform secretarial functions for the Principal including typing letters, memos, teachers evaluations, reports, bulletins, and announcements for the Principal’s approval and signature; coordinating and maintaining calendars, master schedules, handbooks, reports, and work orders; arranging conferences, appointments, and events; and ordering and maintaining office and instructional supplies.
· Maintain communications with Central Staff and other schools.
· Coordinate and log annual benefits forms and materials.
· Maintain absence, registration, transcripts, and other files and records related to school staff and students, including confidential records, and assist in compiling information and preparing reports.
· Process and distribute all incoming mail for the Principal and staff.
· Serve as chief information receptionist, greeting visitors and responding to routine inquires.
· Serve as a resource to school staff, students, parents, and the public regarding school and district policies and procedures.
· Supervise schedules and work assignments for the Principal’s Clerk and office helpers.
Accredited Senior High School Diploma or equivalent (U.S.A. equivalency)
Demonstrated ability to type/keyboard at 60 wpm with accuracy.
Demonstrated knowledge of district organization, operations, and administrative policies.
Demonstrated computer skills with Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
Demonstrated knowledge of office procedures, practices, and a variety of office machines.
Selected individuals for Dallas Independent School District positions will be placed according to current District promotional policy and compensation guidelines. A campus-based employee may not assume a new position for which he/she was selected based upon the posting process until the end of the current semester, unless approved by the Executive Director, Human Resources. A security check and disclosure of family relationship information is required for all positions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/H