High School Principal (2012-2013)
Hoboken High School
- Provide leadership and managerial oversight to the
instructional program and school operations to ensure a school
climate that fosters the educational development of each
- Assume responsibility for the management of the school in
accordance with law, administrative code, and board policies
- Exercise leadership in school-level planning for
improvement of instruction.
- Establish and maintain an effective learning climate in the
- Assist in the selection of appropriate instructional
materials, and monitor delivery of the instructional
- Participate in the development, evaluation and revision of
curriculum; and assume responsibility for the implementation of
- Plan, organize and supervise all curricular and
- Interview, recommend for appointment, assign, supervise and
evaluate the performance of all school employees, and assist
them in achievement of their job goals.
- Conduct periodic observations of teaching staff, prepare
written comments, and offer constructive suggestions for
improvement when appropriate.
- Prepare and submit the school's budget requests, and
monitor the expenditure of funds.
- Establish and maintain an efficient office system to
support the administrative functions of the school.
- Ensure the safekeeping of student and personnel files and
other confidential records and documents.
- Approve the master teaching schedule and classroom
- Maintain high standards of student conduct, and enforce
discipline as necessary in accordance with board policy and
students' rights to due process.
- Notify the parent/guardian and the chief school
administrator immediately, and arrange for an immediate
examination of any student suspected of being under the
influence of alcohol or other drugs or of using anabolic
- Report incidents of violence, vandalism and substance
abuse. Ensure the removal of students in possession of
firearms from the general education program, and provide
notification as required by law and administrative code.
Work cooperatively with law enforcement authorities in
maintaining a safe and drug-free school environment.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of intervention
and referral services for students who are having difficulty in
their classes and have not been classified as in need of
- Plan and supervise fire and other emergency drills as
required by law and board policy.
- Prepare and/or supervise the preparation of all reports,
records and other paperwork required or appropriate to the
- Conduct staff meetings as necessary for the proper
functioning of the school.
- Plan and supervise regularly scheduled parent/teacher
conferences; and make arrangements for special conferences as
- Act as a liaison between the school, home and community;
interpret policies, programs and activities; and encourage
community participation in the affairs of the school.
Communicate information to parents and the community that is
required by law or administrative code.
- Keep the superintendent informed of school acitvities and
needs, and work cooperatively with central office staff on
matters relating to the school and the district.
- Assume responsibility for his/her continuing professional
growth and development by attendance at professional meetings,
memberships in professinoal organizations, and enrollment in
advanced courses, and by reading professional journals and
- Develop and maintain a master schedule for the academic and
extracurricular programs, and work cooperatively with the
business administrator to schedule community use of the
building and grounds.
- Attend special events held to recognize student achievement
and other school-sponsored activities and functions.
- Ensure proper collection, safekeeping and accounting of
school activity funds.
- Perform other duties which may be assigned or required by
law, administrative code and regulation/board policy.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Valid NJ Principal Certification
- 5 years teaching experience, prior administrative
- Demonstrated leadership skills in the areas of curriculum
development, program evaluation, staff development and school
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Criminal history background check
- Proof of US citizenship or legal resident alien status
Per Hoboken Administrators and Supervisors Association
August 6, 2012 (Monday)