Instructional Assistant (Building/Office Assistant)
7.5 hours per day
- Strong communication skills
- Helpful, positive customer service attitude
- Excellent technology skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Skills with Word, Excel, and Outlook 2010
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Experience working in a team atmosphere
- Ability to perform basic health procedures such as basic emergency procedures, administration of medications, etc.
- Must have at least a high school diploma
While performing duties within this job, employee will be required to perform the basic physical demands of a normal office position including answer phones, sitting, standing, some minor lifting, and computer usage.
Sioux City Community Schools is a supporter of the National Career Readiness Certificate. The Certificate consists of assessments that measure skills critical to on-the-job success: Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information, and Locating Information. We highly recommend applicants for our non-certified positions visit Iowa Workforce Development to learn more about the National Career Readiness Certificate. If you have completed the assessments necessary for the certificate, please submit your scores with your application.
The Sioux City Community School District prohibits discrimination based on race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status. The School District does not and will not discriminate on the basis of these above mentioned categories in employment or in the educational programs, activities, and vocational opportunities offered by the District.
Every effort will be made to recruit the most qualified candidates for all positions within the District. We recognize that diversity is an asset to be valued and will strive to encourage diversity among our workforce.