Security - Campus Security Associate
This position is located at Westlake High School
Supports and facilitates the educational process within the Fulton County School System by providing a safe and secure environment through monitoring of activity and patrolling of assigned location; The Security Associate must maintain visibility and vigilance while establishing a rapport with students and staff; Must be able to make sound decisions in emergency and non-emergency situations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a visible and active security presence on campus dealing with students who present challenges; These students may require supervision and direction to make positive choices to further their educational opportunities
- Assists the Administrative team with student disciplinary issues
- Participates in risk identification and provides preventive options to the Administrative team
- Serves as a member of the campus safety team assisting with emergency preparedness drills, maintaining an emergency evacuation kit, providing input on the site-based safety plan and providing school safety training, etc
- Assists the School Police Department in providing crowd control at extra-curricular activities and special events
- Assists the School Police Department and local law enforcement on crime prevention implementation
- Assists with building security equipment, school safety assessments and metal detection equipment, etc
- Maintains paperwork related to activities
- Performs other duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator
- Knowledge of Fulton County Schools Board Policies, Student Code of Conduct and School Safety Plans
- Knowledge of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED)
- Ability to work with youth and adults
- Ability to diffuse differences through conflict resolution
- Must be able to effectively communicate with both public and school personnel
- Must pass criminal history and background investigation
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience required; Previous law enforcement or military experience preferred
- National Incident Management System Certification Levels 100, 200 and 700. CPR & AED Certified.
Step placement credit may be granted for up to a maximum of 7 years (Step 8) of prior verifiable experience. Salary placement with Fulton County Schools is non-negotiable. Actual salary placement will be based on Fulton County Board of Education experience calculations from the Non-Teaching Salary Schedule A-190, Professional Scale, Step 1 - Step 8.
- Online Application (include eReferences)
It is the policy of the Fulton County School
System not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national
origin, age, or disability in any employment practice, educational program, or
any other program, activity, or service.
If you wish to make a complaint or request accommodation or modification
due to discrimination in any program, activity, or service, contact Compliance
Coordinator Ron Wade, 786 Cleveland Avenue, S.W., Atlanta, Georgia 30315, or
phone 404-763-4585. TTY 1-800-255-0135.