AN EQUAL RIGHTS AND OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
** PLEASE APPLY IF INTERESTED IN ANY POSITIONS WHICH MAY BECOME AVAILABLE DUE TO THE DOMINO EFFECT.
EFFECTIVE FOR THE 2012/2013 SCHOOL YEAR
1. Teaching certificate preferred.
2. CPR training preferred.
3. Previous coaching experience preferred.
4. Such alternatives to the above as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Varsity Coach and Director of Athletics and Student Programs
JOB GOALS: To assist with supervision and guidance of student athletes for a designated athletic team.
1. Will assist coaching staff with supervision at all practices and meets.
2. Assist in promoting high ideals in sportsmanship, appropriate student behavior, a healthy life style and to serve as a positive role model for the student athletes.
3. Ability to relate/communicate in a positive manner to the student athlete.
4. Acceptance and execution as specified duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
5. Any other duties assigned by the Superintendent or his designee.
1. Ability to sit and talk and hear.
2. Ability to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and move quickly when
necessary to promote student learning and/or safety.
3. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
4. Ability to push items of 50 lbs such as pushing children in a wheelchair or moving/rearranging furniture.
1. Ability to speak clearly and distinctly.
2. Auditory acuity to be able to use telephone.
3. Visual acuity to read correspondence and computer screen.
1. Indoor and outdoor environments.
1. Ability to work as a member of a team.
2. Must be courteous.
3. Must be cooperative, congenial, service oriented, and promote these qualities in the building.
4. Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions.
1. Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
2. Ability to demonstrate good written and verbal skills.
3. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to students, staff, and other employees of the organization.
4. Ability to read, write and do computations.
5. Ability to work independently and make work-related decisions.
6. Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
7. Ability to exercise good judgment in prioritizing tasks, and problem solving.
8. Ability to use correct grammar, sentence structure and spelling.
9. Ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disability (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding the position and additional duties may be assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Within ten (10) weeks after the last athletic event, supplemental contracts for coaches will either be officially re-offered to those holding them or will officially opened to new applicants.
EVALUATION: Self-evaluation within two (2) weeks of season submitted to Assistant Principal/Director of Athletics. Annual reemployment evaluation within forty-five (45) days of end of season.