Available: As Processed
Closes: When Filled
Reports To: Director of Transportation
Terms of Employment:
Part Time: 9 Month, Approximately 25 hours/wk
Salary: PI or PII, $9.76 or $11.80
Nature and Scope of Job:
To implement on a daily basis all assistance toward student behavioral control on bus so that driver can focus on driving, and students can have sage and pleasant transportation to and from school.
1. Learn the bus route, bus stops and names of the students at each stop and the schools they attend.
2. Compile a master list of all students riding the bus to include emergency contact, emergency phone number, home address, and any pertinent health and/or behavioral issues of the students.
3. Facilitates in the supervision and management on the bus of all students in collaboration with the bus driver during the course of transportation to and from the school.
4. Assists the bus driver with pre-trip and the maintenance of a clean and orderly bus on a daily basis.
5. Maintains confidentiality of all information concerning students, staff, or parents/guardians in any public setting and choosing the appropriate time, place, and supervisor to discuss problems.
6. Uses positive verbal and non-verbal communication and interaction skills when working with students, parents, and all district personnel at all times.
7. Fills out School Bus Incident Report to Parents form and requests bus tapes for backup.
8. Assigns seats and keeps seating chart for elementary and other students where appropriate.
9. Demonstrates a sincere interest in children and their welfare daily.
10. Attends training as scheduled.
11. Utilizes proper OSHA procedures when handling body fluids, chemical, etc...
12. May assist in the operation of two-way radio
1. Intervenes with students, in collaboration with the bus driver or administrator, in crises/emergency situations.
2. Seeks appropriate additional tasks when assigned work is complete.
3. Performs any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Mental Ability:
Ability to enunciate clearly and communicate positively throughout the day.
Ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral instructions.
Ability to think clearly.
Ability to work with people of various personality types.
Possess sound emotional judgment.
Ability to work with Special Education students.
Ability to remain calm and composed in stressful situations.
High School Degree or Equivalent
Finger, hand, and arm strength necessary to assist in the loading/unloading of special education students.
Near and far visual acuity.
Lower body strength to kneel, stand, and walk throughout the work day.
Body strength to lift 25 pounds and carry more than 50 feet.
Verbal stamina to articulate clearly and with appropriate volume throughout the work day.
Auditory discrimination sufficient to receive detailed information through normal speech at 5 feet and warning cries or alarms above normal bus noise.