Available: As Processed
Closes: When Filled
Reports To: Transportation Director
Terms of Employment:
Part Time: 9 Month, Approximately 25 hours/wk
Salary: T-I-0, $15.64/hr
Nature and Scope of Job:
To represent Sweetwater County School District Number One-Transportation Department in the daily transporting of students to and from school and all related functions. To assure the mission and philosophy of the district and department are supported throughout the position's area of responsibility.
1. Supports daily the Department Mission of "Getting student to school ready to learn".
2. Maintains the Wyoming commercial driver's license with passenger endorsement and follows its requirements.
3. Meets current district vehicle insurance qualifications for driving coverage. Current requirement is "less than 3 moving violations in 3 years".
4. Maintains insurability according to district's insurance carrier criteria.
5. Uses positive verbal and non-verbal communication and interaction skills when working with students, parents, and all district personnel at all times.
6. Attends employee and department meetings as necessary.
7. Maintains accurate records of route and time for payroll purposes.
8. Maintains student discipline on bus utilizing district student discipline procedures.
9. Checks all gauges and listens for noises not pertaining to the normal operation of the bus.
10. Maintains a clean bus.
11. Demonstrates a sincere interest in children and their welfare daily.
12. Maintains confidentiality of all information concerning students, staff, or parent/guardians in any public setting and chooses the appropriate time, place and supervisor to discuss problems.
13. Reports all accidents and completes required reports.
1. Completes paperwork requirements within time parameters established.
2. Attends training as scheduled.
3. Performs daily walk-arounds and completes report.
4. Washes buses as required.
5. Makes self available on various schedules for curriculum and field activities.
6. Operates two-way radio and uses proper radio communications.
7. Monitors radio at all times while driving.
8. Utilizes proper OSHA procedures necessary when handling body fluids.
9. Can assist in interviewing and recommendation of new personnel.
10. Performs any other duties as assigned by the Transportation Director..
11. Provides feedback and recommendations to the Director of Transportation for overall effectiveness of the transportation department.
12. Able to obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid (Standard) training and certification.
EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB
Knowledge, Skills, and Mental Ability:
Ability to remain calm and composed in stressful situations.
Must know and apply Wyoming rule and laws of the road.
Ability to recognize mechanical problems that would require stopping of bus to prevent damage or potential accident while driving.
Read gauges on dash of bus and recognize indicators of problems.
Ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral directions.
Ability to enunciate clearly and communicate positively throughout the work day.
Ability to work with people of various personality types.
Ability to use two-way radio for communication purposes.
Posses sound emotional judgment.
Education, License, Certification, and Formal Training:
Appropriate CDL License with P and S endorsements.
Attend and successfully complete annual transportation training requirements.
Reading ability adequate to follow directions resulting in making effective work decisions.
School Bus (Size of suburban to 84-passenger bus)
Fuel Pump Spray Washer
Window Scraper Squirt Bottle
Upper body strength to lift 25 pounds and load in vehicles.
Lower body strength to climb in, out, and around buses.
Able to sit for long periods in a bus seat without fatigue or discomfort and shift four/eight speed buses.
Sufficient physical strength to turn steering wheel of bus with no difficulty.
Able to stand and walk throughout the work day.
Ability to handle stressful situations and parent complaints.
Ability to assist student of various physical abilities as necessary.
Run lift if necessary, closing door and placing lift in travel position.
Possess physical capability to drive bus and withstand the demands of a possible rough ride daily.
Climb up on bus as necessary to check fluid levels.
Wash and clean interior of all assigned school vehicles.
Open and close non-air operated entrance doors on bus, when equipped, several times a day.
Ability to work in all weather conditions to include hot, cold, extremely cold, wet, rainy, and dusty.
Drive in a variety of road conditions including dry, wet, icy, or snow.
Possess physical and mental capability to be out in any weather common to Wyoming.
Ability to drive dirt or gravel roads.
Ability to withstand noisy conditions caused from engines running, noise from radio, student noise and two-way radio.
Possible gas and diesel fumes.