This position is responsible for the treatment, prevention, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries, as well as documentation of injuries and care provided to student athletes, insurance information, and physical exams.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an Emphasis in Biology or Sports Medicine
- License from the State of Texas as an Athletic Trainer
- National Trainer’s Certification
- Certification for CPR and First Aid
- Five (5) Years of Experience in Training at the High School Level Preferred
- Knowledge of All Sporting Events, Anatomy/Physiology/Kinesiology, Characteristics of Various Injuries, Nutrition, First Aid, CPR, and Current Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation Techniques
- Ability to Communicate with all Parties to Ensure Proper Understanding of Severity of Injury, Intended Care and Rehabilitation, and Anticipated Recovery Period
- Review the job description.
- Complete an online application at austinisd.org.
Closing date: Until Filled
202 days; Salary Grade P6 ($45,827 + experience)