1. Valid Missouri teacher certificate
2. Employment as a teacher in the North Kansas City School District
3. Has previous coaching experience in assigned sport (preferred)
4. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may find appropriate and acceptable
REPORTS TO: The head coach who provides overall objectives and final evaluations in
conjunction with the activities director and high school principal
JOB GOAL: To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation
for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self esteem.
1. Coachs individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport
2. Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
3. Works closely with the athletic director in scheduling interscholastic contests.
4. Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms, as appropriate.
5. Maintains necessary attendance forms, insurance records, and similar paperwork.
6. Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all
times that students are present.
7. Establishes performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in the coach’s sport.
8. Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishes and oversees penalties
for breach of such standards by individual students.
9. Demonstrates effective human relations and communication skills.
10. Organizes and supervises a total sports program.
11. Complies with good safety practices.
12. Complies with all district rules, regulations, and policies.
13. Other duties/responsibilities deemed necessary may be assigned.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with
provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional