2nd Shift Custodian
Location: Buffalo Community Middle School
Hours: 8 hours/day, 5 days/week, 12 months/year; 2:30 - 11:00 p.m. (hours may vary; summers and breaks are day time hours)
Deadline to Apply: July 23, 2012
- Conducts general cleaning for assigned areas within the building to include scrubbing and dusting floors, scrubbing washrooms and equipment, vacuuming carpets, removing trash, cleaning classrooms and locker rooms, wet mopping, cleaning restrooms, polishing furniture.
- Repairs and participates in routine building maintenance of equipment, incluidng such tasks as replacing chair backs, installing gliders on chairs, and replacing lights and pencil sharpeners.
- Locks doors, shuts windows, turns off lights, and secures building each day to ensure building security.
- Assists with building searches, fire/lockdown drills.
- Conducts non-routine duties which may include wall and vent washing, carpet shampooing, boiler cleaning.
- Strips, waxes, and seals floors and hallways.
- Removes snow and clears assigned entries into school, clears sidewalks, weed whips, mows grass, picks up trash outside.
- Opens doors and cleans classrooms for night classes.
- Sets up rooms for conferences, lectures, and special events.
- Checks boilers to ensure proper opeation by monitoring water gauges and documents on forms.
- Assists in maintaining entire site.
- Assists with building checks as well as Community Education events on weekends.
- Performs any other functions designated by the Head Engineer or as apparent.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Knowledge of routine cleaning equipment and supplies
2<SUP>nd</SUP> Class "C" Boilers License
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Ability to be flexible in job assignments.