Lunchroom Paraprofessional assists the students during lunch program. This
person must supervise children to insure a positive safe environment for
children to eat and enjoy recess time. To accomplish these tasks, the Lunchroom
Paraprofessional works closely with the staff and administration of USD 260.
Responsible to: Principal
Salary: Range G
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
to continue career improvement.
3. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
4. Ability to write simple correspondence.
1. Assist in supervising the students
during lunch program.
2. Assist in responding to the individual
needs of students.
3. Communicate effectively with all
members of the school district, cooperative and community.
4. Direct movement of groups to and from
lunchroom and playground in a safe and organized manner.
4. React to change productively and handle
other tasks as assigned.
5. Support the value of education.
6. Support the philosophy and mission of
the cooperative and school district.
1. Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
2. Occasionally requires physical exertion
to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials.
3. Occasional stooping, bending and
Must work in noisy and crowded environments.
Must work indoors and outdoors year-round.
1. Assist in the supervision of students
during lunch program.
2. Observe, record and report student
3. Use appropriate behavior management
techniques to maintain a positive climate.
4. Set high expectations for student
5. Communicates, collaborates, and
cooperates with colleagues, supervisors, and students.
6. Assist in providing for the special
physical needs of students.
7. Immediately report
accidents, assaults, and destruction of property and abusive behavior to the
instructor and principal.
8. Assists in
lunchroom clean up.
9. See district policies are observed
10. Keep abreast of new information,
innovative ideas and techniques.
11. Adhere to all district and cooperative
health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne
Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
12. Other duties as assigned by the principal
which are consistent with the general requirements and qualifications of the