DEADLINE FOR INTERNAL BIDDERS: 7/25/12 at 3:30 p.m.
POSITION: Paraprofessional - ECSE - Part Time (3 hours per day, 4 days per week)
LOCATION: Beaver Lake
SCHEDULE: 3 hrs/day x 4 days/wk = 12 hrs./wk (M-Th 9-Noon)
STARTING DATE: 09/04/2012 with staff development opportunities the week of 8/27/12
WORK YEAR: 2012-2013
SALARY: Per Paraprofessional Master Agreement
FRINGE BENEFITS: This position is not benefits eligible unless combined with additional ISD 622 paraprofessional hours to total or exceed 20 hours per week.
- Two years of college or equivalent;
- Personal Care Assistant (PCA) Training (training must be completed online prior to first student contact day);
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Training (training will be made available; and, must be completed within timelines provided by Special Services;
- Able to lift 50 pounds and able to restrain students in emergency situations.
1. CPR and First Aid Training;
2. Crisis Prevention Intervention Training:
3. Special Education paraprofessional training;
4. Experience working with early childhood students with disabilities;
5. Good written and verbal communication skills;
6. Must be able to work one-on-one with individual students and with small groups;
7. Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team;
8. Experience and/or training in behavior management.