Posted July 19, 2012
Deadline for application: July 25, 2012
Contract length: 2012-2013
Compensation: $8.65 per hour
Work Schedule: 3.5 hours per day/260 days
Nature and Scope of Job: Under the direction of the Custodial Foreman, Building Manager, and guidance of the Assistant Building Manager or General Custodian II, the Sweeper is responsible for the cleaning of a certain area of the school building as where assigned. The Sweeper may be required to accept responsibility of the general custodian in his absence. Duties and work should be performed according to work schedules and established procedures according to policy set by the Custodial Department. This is a permanent part-time position of 3.5 hours per day. May require daily assignement changes.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training:
school diploma or GED preferred.
Colorado driver’s license.
any other combination of related education, experience, and training.
Qualifications: Ability to follow and understand oral and
written instruction. Ability to
deal tactfully with the public and staff. Ability to respond under pressure to immediate
situations while maintaining courteous and professional relationships with
staff and public. Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy. Ability to make decisions independent of
foreman by using good judgment and common sense. Ability to demonstrate a positive, productive, and professional attitude at all times. Ability to follow established safety practices. Ability to
work independently and with others. Ability to effectively relate in a positive manner with staff, students and the public. Ability to perform all
functions of the position.
Essential Job Functions:
· Performs work according to printed information on
the Facilities Department work order system when required.
- Uses positive verbal and non-verbal skills when working with district personnel and community members at all times.
- Directs the activities of temporary employees.
- Responds to emergencies.
- Operates cleaning equipment as needed.
- Cleans rest rooms, vacuums, sweeps, mops, waxes and buffs floors.
- Clean chalkboards; shampoos carpets; and empties waste baskets.
- May be responsible for setting up and cleaning after the evening activities in assigned building.
- Washes windows, walls, light fixtures and furniture.
- Operates and maintains vacuum cleaners, floor machines, and other
- Responsible for security, and locking up building at night when leaving.
- May substitute for a general custodian or other part time employees .
- Performs set-up of rooms and/or equipment for special events.
- Clean body fluid spills.
- Removes snow.
- Performs other
duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Weld County School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or
hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed
to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching
educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider
applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who
will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org