TEACHER – SEVERELY MULTIPLY IMPAIRED (SXI)
1. A bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
2. A valid Michigan teacher’s certificate with an endorsement in Severely Multiply Impaired (SXI).
3. Demonstrable knowledge of adolescent growth and development.
4. Educational background in child growth and development.
5. Experience teaching the multiply impaired.
6. Provide care for students with significant medical/health needs.
7. Ability to lift and balance 40-60 pounds.
8. Willingness to participate in all phases of the instructional program, including toilet training, diapering and clean up.
9. Ability to provide to provide leadership to paraprofessionals by communication, demonstration and example.
10. Must pass criminal background check as required by School Safety Legislation.
RESPONSIBILITIES SHALL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
1. Plan curriculum for all assigned students, with assistance of other professional staff and administrator approval.
2. Analyze and chart skills of students.
3. Establish instructional and behavioral objectives for students; update objectives periodically to see that skills are being acquired.
4. Establish discipline techniques for classroom in accordance with school policies, as established by the principal and the ISD Special Education Division.
5. Order equipment and supplies for classroom, under supervision.
6. Direct paraprofessionals responsible to the teacher in their classroom duties.
7. Cooperate in planning curriculum with other teachers of severely multiply impaired classes and other professioknal personnel.
8. Other assignments as determined by future course of events.
Work Location: Bovenschen
Work Year: 203 Days
UNION: Position would be within the Macomb Intermediate Federation of Teachers
SALARY: Direct Service and Degree Specialist salary schedule of the MIFT Master
STARTING DATE: August 28, 2012
Applications will be received in the Human Resources Office until 4 p.m. on Friday, August 3, 2012.
APPLY ONLINE: www.misd.net
Mr. David Rilley, Executive Director
Human Resource and Strategic Initiatives
Macomb Intermediate School District
44001 Garfield Road
Clinton Township, MI 48038