Terms and conditions of this position are covered by School Board Policy 440.
Benefit eligible position with a minimum hourly rate of $17.32.
1. Develop enriching classroom activities and program goals consistent with Creative Curriculum development and learning objectives.
2. Prepare for and conduct class activities, manage classroom, supervise and provide guidance for participants.
3. Conduct group and individual activities using developmentally appropriate practice for children ages 3-5.
4. Complete daily and weekly set-up of materials related to specific curriculum.
5. Conduct assessments, communicate results to parents, and monitor records.
6. Establish a positive and friendly relationship with parents.
7. Participate in team meetings and in staff development trainings.
8. Assist in supervising classroom assistants and volunteers.
9. Provide a safe, caring and positive learning environment.
10. Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
11. Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
1. Evidence of successful experience teaching young children in a preschool or childcare setting.
2. Evidence of skills in using technology in curriculum.
3. Evidence of successful experiences with inclusion initiatives.
4. Evidence of strong child and parent relationships.
5. B.A. or B.S. degree in early childhood education or child development.
6. Current First Aid and CPR certification.
7. Strong knowledge of early childhood development and developmentally appropriate practice.
8. Knowledge of TACSEI model of social/emotional development practices
9. Knowledge of Creative Curriculum, preferred.