ACCEPTING BIDS UNTIL FILLED
ACADEMIC TUTOR – BILINGUAL
(Maximum 15 hours per week)
Salary range: $8.68 - $20.39, based on education, certification
and experience tutoring/teaching students
NO - BENEFITS
15 Hours per week
9/4/12 - 6/7/13
Burton Middle (1)
The tutor provides academic support in reading, math, social studies and/or science for eligible students attending Grand Rapids Public Schools.
1. Responsible for managing and maintaining accurate student records
2. Responsible for providing and delivering academic support services to eligible students
3. Responsible for serving as liaison between the coordinating office and school site where assigned
4. Other duties as assigned
PREPARATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCES AND EDUCATION:
1. Must have A) completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher education (at least 60 credits): B) obtained an associate's or higher degree; or C) achieved a passing score on a MDE approved assessment. Must provide an official transcript or a Work Keys certificate before final recommendation.
2. Experience working with school age students.
3. Demonstrated fluency in language required
4. Demonstrated ability to deal with students, parents and the public
5. Demonstrated ability to respect the confidentiality of student information