POSITION: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF EARLY CHILDHOOD SERVICES
QUALIFICATIONS: Advanced Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field with 3-5 years experience in Head Start/Early Childhood program administration. Relevant experience may be substituted for education. Candidate will have knowledge of, and experience with Head Start Performance Standards and Program Design; knowledge of state, local, regional and other federal initiatives related to young children, ages 3-5 and their families, experience building and participating in collaborative networks of service providers; good communications skills; ability to work in a collaborative team environment; knowledge of and experience with NAEYC accreditation, state and federal laws and regulations, knowledge and experience with program evaluation and documentation. Have facility in use of computer and data bases.
1. Coordinate the Head Start and Early Head Start programs.
2. Participate as an active, contributing member of the Early Childhood Initiative team.
3. Collaborate with federal, state, regional and local organizations and agencies and other EASTCONN departments to support increased child and
life outcomes for children and families and to maximize use of resources.
4. Seek other funding or resources to support high quality programs.
5. Participate in program planning and evaluation consistent with a data-driven decision making model.
6. Oversee program operations ensuring that all programs and services comply with all relevant Performance Standards, including:
- Supervise and support direct management staff;
- Support and monitor delegate agencies and collaborative partners;
- Implement record keeping, ongoing monitoring and self-assessment systems of all programs and delegate operations to ensure compliance with program Performance Standards;
- Generate reports as needed to keep the Board of Directors and Policy Council informed of ongoing monitoring and program compliance and to make decisions relevant to the program;
- Ensure a system of open communication that supports children, families, and staff reach their fullest potential;
- Ensure, in collaboration with the Director of Early Childhood Initiatives, a program governance system consistent with Head Start Performance Standards
- Facilitate and provide staff support to the Policy Council.
- Recruit, train, and work with parents from all programs to create an informed Policy Council.
- Recruit, train, and work with community members to enhance the decision-making skills of Policy Council.
7. In collaboration with EASTCONN’s finance office, ensure funds are spent according to federal and state regulations and all programs are in compliance
with all financial regulations and reporting requirements.
8. Prepare grant applications for the Head Start Program and other early childhood programs as needed
Report to: Director of Early Childhood Initiatives
To apply please visit www.eastconn.org and complete our online application. AA/EOE M/F/V/H