Coordinator of Admissions & Community Outreach
E Prep :: Superior & Village Prep :: Cliffs Superior
Full-time, Salary, Exempt
The Coordinator of Admissions & Community Outreach (CACO)
owns and drives the process of building and developing
relationships with key external stakeholders that can make
lasting contributions to E Prep and Village Prep. The
Coordinator's primary focus will be on the creation and
implementation of a year-long strategic plan for the recruitment
and matriculation of new students to both schools. In order
to achieve these goals as well as build greater recognition among
external stakeholders of E Prep and Village Prep, the CACO will
engage on an ongoing basis with community organizations,
religious institutions, families, and local leaders.
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The CACO is responsible
for the development and implementation of a comprehensive
plan for the recruitment and matriculation of the requisite
number of new students.
- Engages on an ongoing basis with Heads of Schools and Model
Leader to establish and monitor ambitious yet feasible
- Coordinates recruitment efforts with Breakthrough Charter
Schools to ensure maximum impact and visibility.
- Coordinates the development of informational literature and
printed material in order to publicize opportunities for
- Conducts public informational sessions for prospective
students and families.
- Organizes and conducts ongoing neighborhood outreach (e.g.
canvassing, community events) in order to promote the school to
- Coordinate outreach with media organizations to publicize E
Prep and Village Prep for the purposes of fostering new student
- Implements, maintains, and uses the electronic student
admissions and records systems to identify and recruit
students, to track and communicate with students during the
application process, and to assist applicants in the admissions
and registration process
- Recruits, trains, and maintains a group of parent and
student volunteers to serve as ambassadors for the school in
interactions with families and public events.
- Develops and manages a yearly budget, and provides ongoing
updates to Heads of Schools on spending.
The CACO is responsible
for ensuring that the recruitment and enrollment process is
fair, clear, and transparent.
- Works cooperatively to provide appropriate data for
purposes of reporting, research, and effectiveness.
- Works to maintain the integrity of the student database in
order to ensure complete accuracy for local records.
- Assists the School Compliance Coordinator to ensure
compliance with external standards set by accrediting,
regulatory, state, and/or federal agencies/entities.
- Maintains confidentiality of information exposed to in the
course of business regarding students, supervisors, or other
The CACO will serve as
a key representative of E Prep and Village Prep Schools to
external stakeholders, and will actively engage with
community organizations, religious institutions, parents, and
other relevant individuals and groups to promote interest
and/or involvement with the schools.
- Collaborates with Heads of Schools to coordinate, recruit,
and maintain high levels of parental participation in school
initiatives (e.g. Parent Teacher Organization)
- Represents E Prep and Village Prep with civic and community
organizations (e.g. My Com, local ward meetings) to promote
greater understanding of and involvement with E Prep &
- Engages with religious institutions to promote
understanding and involvement with E Prep & Village
- Identifies potential volunteers or supporters and maintains
a volunteer database.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty accurately. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Possesses the core characteristics required of every
"Prepster" - mission-driven, innovative, disciplined thinker,
collaborative, and personally responsible.
- Possesses a deep commitment to the Preparatory mission
toward eliminating the achievement gap in our lifetimes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with
demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up
skills; high sense of urgency; demonstrated ability to
successfully handle multiple projects concurrently; ability to
work independently and/or part of a team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in strategic and project planning,
incorporating the perspective and participation of multiple
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving
- Ability to collaborate effectively with representatives
from all levels of organization, from board members and
external constituents to school leaders and teachers.
- Ability to create, monitor and maintain systems that
enhance organizational efficiency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
Project, and the ability to quickly learn new
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree required, Masters degree in education