SUMMARY: Responsible for daily care for ill or injured students. Maintain health files and assist district nurse.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position:
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· No experience required; experience in childcare or medical background preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
· Oral and written communication skills.
· English language skills.
· Interpersonal relations skills.
· Personal computer, keyboarding and word processing skills.
· Customer service and public relations skills.
· Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Organizational skills.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
· Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
· Criminal background check required for hire.
· Valid Colorado driver’s license.
· CPR and First Aid certifications required within 3 months after hire.
· Universal Precautions required within 3 months after hire.
· Medication Administration required within 1 month after hire.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
· Operating knowledge of current student data base program required within 1 month after hire.