- Work with individual students or small groups of students
to provide tutoring in various subjects.
- Demonstrated successful experience working with
- Evidence of the ability to work cooperatively with
- Help students complete research and learning projects.
- Attend inclusion classes with special education students
and assist in implementing alternative instructional
- Assist with implementation of inclusion plans for
- Assist in maintaining an environment conducive to learning
as requested by the teacher.
- Assist with discipline and other classroom duties as
requested by the teacher.
- Assist the teacher in supervising students on arrival to or
departure from school and all transitional times.
- Assist in monitoring students during eating periods.
- Assist with playground supervision, as needed.
- Assist in hall and stairway supervision.
- Escort students to other rooms/locations as required.
- Willingness to serve as a bus monitor.
- Attend staff development workshops to enhance instructional
delivery to children.
- Assist in other related duties that may be assigned by the
- Assist in one or more of the following services required
for assigned students as directed:
o Diaper changing
o Self-help skills
o Muscle tone
o Colostomy care
of buses including lifting of students when necessary.
School Diploma required.
Reading, Math, and English skills
· Ability to
follow instructions and accept supervision
· Ability to
work effectively with teachers, students and building staff.
$10.09 per hour
PROCEDURE FOR FILING AN APPLICATION
1. Complete Online
Other correspondence should be
Danbury Public Schools
63 Beaver Brook Road
Danbury, CT 06810