2012/2013 School Year
The SIOP Coach will play an essential role in the SIOP Model implementation process by providing stability and consistency to this professional development initiative. The coach’s encouragement and support will help teachers develop and maintain fidelity to the SIOP model of delivery of instruction.
Certification Requirements: CT TESOL Certification and secondary school experience.
· Valid CT TESOL teaching certificate;
· Five (5) years successful teaching experience with English language learners (ELLs);
· Experience training staff on Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol (SIOP);
· Ability to implement and monitor best practices in second language acquisition;
· Ability to work within and across departments and grade spans;
· Knowledge and ability to articulate and achieve alignment of CT ELL Framework and DPS curriculum goals;
· Knowledge of Data Teams’ philosophy and practice.
Essential Job Functions:
· Coach SIOP-trained teachers through observations, co-planning, co-teaching, and site-based SIOP follow-up
support meetings and training workshops;
· Coach ESL, Bilingual, and content-area teachers in modifying and differentiating instruction and assessment for
· Demonstrate model lessons for ESL, Bilingual and content-area teachers using the SIOP features;
· Develop, implement and conduct differentiated training and staff development activities for faculty;
· Use data management systems to inform instructional practice and shape professional development activities;
· Assist school-based teams to develop capacity to train and coach more classroom and content-area teachers;
· Perform related duties as assigned
Apply Online, including all required attachments.