Program Consultant, NYC
New York, NY
Program Consultant, NTC-NYC
Location: New York City, NY
The New Teacher Center is a national non-profit organization dedicated to improving student learning by accelerating the effectiveness of new teachers and school leaders. In 2011-2012, NTC reached over 24,000 new teachers, 7,500 mentors, 3,500 school leaders and approximately 1.5 million students. To learn more about NTC, visit www.newteachercenter.org.
Under the direction of the NTC-NYC Director, the Program Consultant will contribute to the school leadership development design and implementation of the NTC contract with the NYC DOE Office of Teacher Effectiveness. She/he co-designs and facilitates professional development experiences for Principals, Assistant Principals, Teacher Leaders, and Network staff.
The Program Consultant also provides technical assistance on program implementation with school- and network- based staff and with the Office of Teacher Effectiveness, and participates on work teams to design products and services for NTC-NYC, and NTC nationally.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
The following is an overview of the duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. The employee may perform other duties as required.
- Co-design professional development for principals, assistant principals, teacher leaders, and network staff that supports instructional leadership for teacher development, the use of the Charlotte Danielson Framework for Teaching, observation and feedback skills and protocols, and coaching strategies
- Co-facilitate professional development for principals, assistant principals, teacher leaders, and network staff utilizing the designed PD, and contributing their own experience and expertise to enhance participant thinking and implementation
- Consult with senior NTC staff to support school district leaders and stakeholders with program implementation
- Participate as a member of the national School Leadership Development team to design professional development, products and services for NTC
- Participate in collaborative NTC team meetings
- Consult directly with project leads and/or program stakeholders on program implementation
- Embrace NTC Theory of Action and spirit of collaboration and contribute to the ongoing improvement of New Teacher Center programs
- Masters degree in Education or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of classroom teaching experience in (K-12)
- Minimum 5 years facilitating adult learning (e.g. school leadership, mentoring, coaching, leading professional development)
- Demonstrate knowledge of NYC's Teacher Effectiveness initiative, and the instructional expectations school leaders and teachers will be beholden to
- Demonstrated commitment to accelerating the learning and impact of early career teachers, and the cultivation of teacher leadership
- Experience designing and leading professional development for school leaders
- Ability to manage one's time and productivity in a fluid, team oriented, work environment with a high level of initiative, independence, creativity and flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships and work well within districts and NTC
Reports to: Director, New York City
Per Diem position (to be reviewed annually and dependent on continued grant funding)
To Apply: Please upload a resume and cover letter, explaining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to: http://www.applitrack.com/santacruzntc/onlineapp.
NTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer