KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
1. Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from an accredited university.
2. Licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
4. Demonstrate ability to provide counsel, assistance, and training to staff.
5. Demonstrate leadership ability and interpersonal skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective relationships with all constituencies including citizens advisory groups and District staff.
1. Experience in public education preferred.
2. Experience in the public or private practice of law dealing with legal issues of local, state, federal government, or public school agencies.
3. Experience in labor and employee relations, preferably in public education.
SALARY: Salary and benefits as established by the Board of Education
- must pass a background check
- Must pass a physical, TB test, drug, and alcohol screening
This is a year round Administrative position. Please see the detailed job description that is attached to this vacancy.