youth programs; post secondary education in applicable fields (Le. social work, psychology, business, etc.) may be substituted for required work experience on a year-for-year basis
B. Minimum General Requirements:
1. Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
2. Computer experience, knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), other District-level utilized computer softwarelprograms, and e-mail
3. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and exercise sound judgment in carrying out responsibilities
4. Ability to work within deadlines, manage multiple assignments and priorities within a fast paced environment
5. Possess excellent work habits, ability to be flexible, work cooperatively, a desire to become an effective team member displaying a professional demeanor
6. Bilingual English/Spanish proficiency highly desirable
7. Possess valid Michigan driver's license
8. Ability to relate professionally with students, parents, and staff
II. PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide year-round program support for at-risk youth for completion of high school diploma and preparation for full time employment.
III. DIMENSIONS OF POSITION:
Represent the school district with in-school youth programs for Bay City Public Schools.
A. To communicate effectively with parents, students, teachers, and administrators.
B. To collect data accurately as required for the Michigan Works Grant Program and School District.
C. To attend in-service training sessions as needed.
D. To assist students and parents in resolving identified problems. This may require working with school administrators, teachers, aides, and community agencies.